AWARD WINNING MAGICIAN, JUGGLER AND SPEAKER
Joel has received high praise and acclaim from his peers in the entertainment industry & fellow magicians both nationally & internationally. Some of his awards/career highlights include:
- “Best Overall Performer” from The Geniis Magicians Society Sydney 2013 and 2014.
- New Zealand Stage Magic Champion 2010 – NZ Magic Convention.
- Winner of the Open Stage Competition – Adelaide Magic Convention 2009
- Champion stage & close-up magician 2005 – Adelaide Magic Convention
- Invited guest act International Magicians convention Palmeston North, New Zealand
- Named “Performer Of The Year” at the MATS National Music & Arts talent search
- Featured guest at the Riviera Hotel, Las Vegas in the Stars of Tomorrow show (Society of American Magicians convention 2003)
- Chosen to be the ‘Face of the Newcastle Show’ for 2001 – presenting the advertising campaign for TV, Radio and press.
- Australian Representative at Disney world Florida for Millennium Dreamers Awards 2000
- Newcastle Rotary Club ‘Achievers Award’ (youngest ever recipient)
- Newcastle Society of Magicians “Rex Sinclair Memorial Shield” for outstanding contribution to the Art of Magic.
Over the past few years Joel has been involved with consulting work for groups such as Hunter Drama and has given “Magic Lectures” at Magicians Clubs and Conventions all over Australia and New Zealand.
Television Appearances include:
- Disney Channel (feature story & two segments)
- Today Extra on NBN Television
- Mornings with Kerri-Ann, Channel Nine
- 2 live appearances on the ‘Today’ show for Channel Nine
- Coverage from Las Vegas – aired nationally 2003
- *Commercials for Telstra and Retravision
- Newcastle Show advertising campaign presenter/performer
- Hey, Hey It’s Saturday-Red Faces show (segment winner)
- Big Dog & Friends children’s show (3 appearances filmed ‘Live’ – Westfield shopping centre, Tuggerah)
- Big Dog & Friends show (2 appearances filmed at studio)
- NBN Telethon (2 live to air appearances 1997)
“You bought the house down at the Christmas drinks function. We will have you at other functions through the year” – Newcastle Law Society.
“Joel’s performance was sublime. What a pro, polish and perfection, poetry in motion!”
Gene McCarthy – International Entertainment Pty Ltd
“You are worth your weight in gold!”
Centre Manager – Waratah Village Shopping Centre
“What a wonderful showman you are, all I can say is move over David Copperfield!”
John Tate, Lord Mayor
Joel was the subject of a short documentary film entitled “Joel’s Dream”. This was entered in a National Film Festival where it won 2 Awards, one being for best documentary.
There has also been a song written about Joel (2004) entitled “World of Magic” and performed by the Sing NSW Choir. This was part of a series of 5 songs dedicated to Young Aussie Achievers.
Order of Australia Award / youth award for outstanding community service presented at Government House, Sydney 2006
Lake Macquarie City Council named Joel “young citizen of the year” – Australia Day 2008